Saturday, January 21, 2012

Orders Of Protection


Have you ever had to get an order of protection?
Its not a great experience, at the time, but well worth it.  I will never forget standing up in court, in front of a bunch of people, explaining the incidences, on why I needed this protection.  People are in court for so many reasons, and most don't understand Domestic Violence.  They listen with amazement.
I got my order of protection, and I was relieved.  I didn't have to deal to my ex-husband.  I was lucky enough to have delt with a legal advocate, who would drop my daughter off for visitation.

When I actually went back to court for my final divorce hearing, my ex-husband didn't even show up.  The judge took out another order of protection of the next year to follow.

What your experiences with orders of protections?

Did your abuser co-operate with the order?  Did  you think it scared them?

I know my abuser was terrified to end up in jail if he violated the order, so I guess it worked.  He usually thought he was above the law, but this was a great reality check.



5 comments:

  1. Yes, I have an Order of Protection against my husband since last summer. He violated it and was charged with aggravated stalking and harassing phone calls. He does not follow any rules and will not. He is currently out on bond and we are waiting for his criminal trial to come up. I suspect he will just be given probation. If that is the case he will for sure violate it again, even the prosecutor says he has no doubt he will violate it again. I'm just hoping it's not a violation that ends my life or the kids lives. It's such a terrible feeling waiting and worrying what he will do.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Designer Designer Sarees is perhaps the desire of every single girl in this world to look amazing on her wedding day.
    It is certainly important that the bride must be the star of the show.The most beautiful woman at the wedding venue.
    In India,Designer Sarees are the most obvious choice for the brides.There are many Designer Sarees in our site...
    For more...
    Plz visit:- Designer Sarees

    ReplyDelete